20 Nov A Thanksgiving Recipe for Introducing Your People to A New Guest
Our family motto is “The More, The Merrier”. We love it when people join our gatherings – which is not for the faint of heart. But your group already has relationships built which gives them built-in topics of conversation and inside jokes; this can be uncomfortable for a guest. So here’s a way to put everyone on equal ground and get the embarrassment out of the way immediately.
A Thanksgiving Recipe for introducing your people to your new guest:
An Awkward Family Photo Slide Show
What You’ll Need:
- access to old photos of everyone in your family
- Genius Scan App (iOS & Android)
- Power Point or Keynote on your computer
- a glass of wine
- a sense of humor
- First begin by pouring yourself a glass of wine as you look through old photos. Be sure not to spill any on them as you wouldn’t want your wine to go to waste.
- Next you’ll want to pick out particularly awkward and hilarious photos of your family members. These are the ones of them wearing parachute pants and sporting hairstyles where their wingspan matches that of a pterodactyl.
- Once you have decided on an awkward picture for each person, give yourself a refill on your wine. You deserve it!
- If any of the pictures you chose were actual physical printed pictures, use the Genius Scan app to scan them quickly into your phone.
- Once all photos are on the computer, simply put them into a PowerPoint or Keynote presentation. If you would like to get fancy, you can add effects to make it look and sound more like an old-fashioned slide show.
- Now that you have the slide show and have had two glasses of wine, write yourself a funny little script so you can narrate the pictures as you scroll through them. Remember, this is how your guest will get to know your family so don’t leave out any anecdotal details on their personality.
- You may choose to have a musical background for a fuller performance but just make sure it’s not so loud that they can’t hear you. Plus, there will also be laughter. And if you do it right… there will be lots of it.
And now you’re ready to go with one incredible Awkward Family Photo Slide Show! Your guest should have no problems remembering who’s who from now on.
*Note: If your family gatherings consist of formal dress codes with origami napkins and actual cornucopias on the table, this may not be the best idea for you. Use your best judgement… after your wine of course 😉